Monday, August 3, 2009

3 August 2009

Hello Family!

It's been a really busy week here, but things are going well like usual. I got three letters last Wednesday which was really great, thank you again. One from Mom, one from Chez, and one from Am. I think they just got a little delayed and then all came at once. It's great to get snail mail from the family. I also got two postcards from Dad with pretty beach pictures on it, thanks Dad!

I haven't asked for a zip code for this area, I didn't even think about it, but I'll try to get one this week for you all. I don't have any photos because I didn't bring my camera with me, we came at an unexpected time. But I have pics of the new house that I can send you.

Speaking of... our new house is amazing! To start off, we have two areas and two Wards which is a little more extra work, but we're doing ok there. So when I got here we changed houses to the other ward which is better for working and more central to all the places that we work at. There were sister missionaries that used to live in that ward but they moved out several months ago, so we moved into that house.

And of course, the Sister missionaries always have a nicer house, but now we're living there. The house has two levels, a nice kitchen, big closet, very spacious. It's the nicest house I've had my whole mission, and probably the nicest I'll have my whole time in Mexico. Changing houses was a little bit of work but we got it all done and now we're settled in nicely. The members in the two Wards are really great, I like them a lot.

My new companion, Elder Miranda, is a good guy. He has 11 months in the mission and he's from the D.F. He lives right by the temple which is in the East mission, only about a half hour from our area here. He said it's not hard being so close, but I think it'd be hard for me.

This morning we went and played soccer and basketball with the zone which was lots of fun. There are only 14 elders in this zone, every companionship has one American and one Mexican, it's 50-50. No new missionaries came this change so our mission is really short of elders right now. They said that next transfer there will arrive double the missionaries, and by next January half of the mission will be all new elders, over 100.

After playing soccer in the morning, we went to go eat... and boy oh boy was it a treat for me. When I first got here, everyone told me that the one thing I'm going to miss is Wendy's. That's the only fast food that you can't find here in Mexico.

BUT, now there is a Wendy's only about a half hour from my house. So we went there to eat today and it was so good, just like at home. The only thing it was missing was a Dr. Pepper, but you can only find that in 7 Elevens (which I think I have in my area as well) I got a double cheeseburger, no pickle, with fries and a frosty. Very delicious. I've actually started liking tomatoes now, funny huh? The things the mission does to ya... But still not a fan of pickles. That was the highlight of the week for sure.

Thanks for sending another package to me, I'm excited to receive it. I'll be sure to cut up my old debit card really well and then sign my new one. I didn't even realize that my debit card was going to expire, thanks for being on top of things Mom. :)

I hope Chez and Am had a nice b-day. Thank you for the pics, I sure loved them. How did that whole pose thing start? Or where was it at? Was it like a southern Utah trip we went on or something? I can't remember when I started that, but seems like it's pretty famous how eh? :)

Funny how Dad shaved his head, definitely lots of work. I don't even like shaving my face, let alone my head! Ha. I was talking with Garcia and we decided that the only hairstyle you are missing is dread locks, but that would've been perfect when you had long hair, put it into dreads for a few days.

We have a baptism planned for this Saturday, we set the date on Sunday. We taught him the commandments and then set the date for this up coming weekend, hopefully it won't fall through. Elder Garcia stayed in the area and a new American came into the area with him. It's the American Elder's second companion, so Garcia is his "step dad". We still stay in contact by Internet and phone which is nice. He actually called me last night and we talked for like a half hour. Sure miss that kid.

That's about all the news from this week. It was busy with the changing houses situation but now we're all settled in. Hopefully we'll have that baptism this Saturday as well. Sorry there aren't any photos this week, but I'll get twice as many to you next week, deal?

I love you all! Have fun on your vacation! Take lots of pictures for me.

Love,
Elder Green

No comments: