Monday, August 24, 2009

24 August 2009
Hi Family,

Had a pretty good week this past week. Hope all is going well for all of you. I'll go home and cut up that debit card that you sent me tonight. Thanks for getting another package ready for me, really appreciate it. I can't believe Amberlee is leaving so soon. I said it almost all last week, "My sister is going on her mission in 10 days!" Haha. Or something to that sort... I'm excited for her :)
Not sure who else Dad has left off the list of my baptisms, I don't have a list myself. I guess I could try to think of them all in order and check the list, but I'm not all about the numbers so I never really counted. But ya got a few more to add to the list now. ;) I didn't have to go to that long meeting that was held two weeks ago, just my comp. It started at like 8am. and they got home at around 9:30 at night. I guess there were breaks and they ate and all that, but still long to me.

Sister Patricia Martinez Sanchez and her daughter is Gabriela Martinez Martinez.

The whole English thing comes straight out of Preach My Gospel, so it's not complete blasphemy. Haha. (Not sure if that's spelled with a "f" or "ph". I'll just say "blasfemia" which is Spanish.) I can't remember what page but it says how they need to learn English and how it's important etc. etc. Elder Miranda was actually in the same generation as Crispin, or they started at the same time. But then he went home for a year or so and now came back.


We usually walk to church every week unless it's a busy day and we get behind, then we have to take the bus in the morning. Glad you were able to find my area. There are tons of trains and factories in my area.

Members who are good friend of Patricia and Gabriel.

Now about the whole expense thing. Have I really spent over $120 a month? I went 3 months in Whisky and I almost didn't take out any money at all from my home account, seems wrong. I'll try to be careful, I invite my comp. to eat fast food here sometimes but not very often at all, or I'll just eat it myself and he pays for his food. I need to buy a new backpack so I might take some more money out soon. The one I've had for a year now is about to rip on the shoulder straps.

This Wednesday I complete one year in Mexico! I still remember my first day here perfectly. I'll try to be careful with my money, but if I get 100 from G & G each month, and another 10 from aunt Kathi, seems like I'm right on track. Not like Mum or Dad are payin much right? Or nothing. From what I understand at least. Saving up for my truck though for when I get home, right? Yeah, good idea Pops. ;)

I hope you guys have fun riding this week, sounds like it'll be lots of fun. Hopefully Am gets everything ready to go for next week! Way exciting! Now to answer Mom's question, we leave the morning at 10am, unless we do an hour of language study. I've never studied Spanish much but my comp. might study some English sometimes. (Don't worry, it says it's ok in the rule book.)

I guess Crispin said that he had an ex and she ended up waiting for him and now they're gettin married, pretty cool stuff. I'm excited for him. My comp. has been in this area for one change more than me, not too much. In this area they give us about 400 pesos for transports I think, twice a transfer. Not too much but oh well.

Well, I decided to save the good news for last. Did you catch the "wink" from the beginning of the email?? Or just read over it... It was in the second paragraph. If you want to scroll up and read it, you can. Then you'll know what's about to come... Or you can just keep reading.. Dum dum dum...

Elder Miranda, Patricia, Gabriela and Elder Green.

So yes, we had 2 more baptisms yesterday. It was a super busy day. We got to the church at about 8:45, had the first sacrament meeting, then other classes. Then at 11 the other sacrament, and more classes. Then the baptism was scheduled for 2 o'clock, right after the services. But it ended up starting at around 4, a little behind. The baptism service went great, my comp. baptized one and I baptized the other. It's a mother and daughter. The mom's name is Patricia Martinez Sanchez, and the daughter is Gabriela Martinez Martinez. They were references from some members about a week and a half ago, and they got baptized yesterday. It was really great. They're great people. I'll send a pic in a sec.

After the baptism there was a junta, like every other Sunday night, that was at 5. That was for my comp. and the ZL's and the other DL's. That ended at like 8 or a little after, so we were in the chapel for about 12 hours straight, busy busy day. But the baptism went great.

That's about all the exciting news from this week. Oh yeah, today we played basketball with the zone which was fun. We went to a church that has a indoor gym with wood floors and everything, really fun.
Well, I hope you have a great week!
Tell Am good luck on getting everything ready!
I love you all.
Elder Green

No comments: