Monday, August 17, 2009

17 August 2009

Hello Family!
Seems like you all enjoyed the family vacation, that's great to hear. Sorry I couldn't be there with you all, I sure would've loved to though. I'm sure we'll have more family vacations with all of us once Am gets home Dad, don't worry. I hope so at least!

Elder Miranda, Hoyt, Quintero and Green at Elder Miranda's B-day party

Sounds like you all have a busy week planned ahead, hope all goes well and not too stressful. I received the package on Wednesday, not sure if Mom got my message? I sent her one saying I had received it. Thanks for working on another package for me. There's no rush on that one really.

Elder Green and Elder Miranda on Elder Miranda's B-day.

We didn't have any baptisms this week but we had 5 people in Church, so I'm pretty sure we'll have one this weekend. My comp. and I are working hard and have found some really great people. We're hoping to have one this weekend, Rosa Amalia. We've taught her lessons 1, 2, and 4, so we just need to teach 3 which is about baptism and then challenge her. She's came to Church 3 weeks in a row now.

Some towers called "Satellite Towers" in J.J.'s new area.

I think Dad has missed a few baptisms on my list, but not sure. He didn't mention the one I had in Whisky the week before transfers. Don't forget that one.

Elder Garcia called me Saturday night with some great news. He had 4 baptisms yesterday in Whisky. It was Margarita and her 3 kids, the family we were teaching when I was there but couldn't go to church because of the whole election thing that was going on. He said he'd send me a pic of the baptism. I was so happy to hear that. They also have another one planned for next week in that area, so it's nice to see that they are finally having some success there.

Most of J.J.'s new Zone eating at Wendy's.

My talks went pretty well yesterday in both Wards, it was a super busy day. Not a big fan of speaking in Church either, but some things you just gotta do.

This week was really busy and hectic. On Tuesday it was the long meeting for all the leaders, the counsel meeting, then Thursday we had our Zone Conference with the mission president and all that. The mission is really starting to focus on English, and how all the missionaries need to learn it. So we talked a lot about that. My comp. knows a little and likes to practice so I'm always helping him. But the President is really focusing on that a lot this transfer. Bowling on P-day today - J.J. won second place and a "way delicious cookie dough frosty at Wendy's".

I found out that Elder Crispin, my dad, is getting married in October! Crazy. He's getting married in the temple here I think so I'll see if I can go and see him again, I'd sure love that. I couldn't believe it when he told me, way happy for him though.

My comp. right now, Elder Miranda, has 11 months in the mission. Mom asked but I thought I already mentioned that. We have to walk about 20/25 minutes to get to our Church but that's not too bad. Or we can take a bus and get there in like 5 or ten minutes.

J.J. with his "oh so good Dr. Pepper" he bought at 7 Eleven.

I'm glad you were able to find my area on Google Maps. Yes, there is a big train station and a big factory in our area. My house is pretty close to that. The area code that they gave me is 54090, hopefully that helps some. But it seems like you've already found my area. My area is just outside of the City, which means all the transportation is twice as expensive. I'm still in the state like before.

That's exciting that Grandma and Grandpa get home so soon. And also how Amberlee is leaving in just a few short weeks! I hope she's getting everything ready. Very exciting!

That's about all the news from this week. I love you all. Hope you had fun on the family vacation. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Green

No comments: