24 May 2010
Hi Family,
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I can't believe I will be 21 years old... that's dang old... :) Should be a fun day. The family that we eat with on Sunday, one of their daughters has her birthday the 29th, so I think they're getting a cake for both of us or something and are making a good food. And then that evening I'm going with another family and they're making a cake and dinner for me. So it should be an enjoyable day. I will be sure to take photos and send them to you.
When are you planning on starting the remodeling of the downstairs bathroom? I'm sure that will look a lot better with a new bathroom. Bummer that the Lakers and Celtics are doing so well. I wanted the Magic and Suns to go to the finals, I don't like the Celtics or Lakers at all. I'm not sure who I can't stand more, Kobe or Paul Pierce... NOT a fan of either team. But oh well.
The night the Shawkey family visited J.J.'s area.
Thanks for taking my bike in for a "race tune-up", that will be nice to ride. If Dad has to go out of town then that's no problem, I understand. I'm sure I'll find someone to go with. Going with Ron would be fine with me. Doesn't Jay still ride some too? I'm just excited to get on a bike again more than anything. Might be tempted to go out the night I get home and tear up Flat Iron a little bit.. ;) haha. JK!
I'm glad you were able to talk with the Stake President. The plan for June 7th sound great to me. Go from the airport to President Tearlink's home for my release. Then back to our house. Sounds great. I'm not sure what I want for my first dinner home. I'd like crock pot chicken but I think that'd be better with just our family, so maybe the second or third day home. Just whenever you'd like.

The whole group with the Shawkey family.
Glad that our August trip is all planned out now. The Book of Mormon tour sounds really great. Elder Shawkey went to the pyramids with his family and he said it was awesome. That we definitely have to go there when we come back. And he told me about some other cool places, but we can plan that out once I'm home.
Spanish is a fun language. I'll be sure to do what I can to be able to keep it up. Maybe order the Spanish channel on TV? Haha. Oh, I forgot to tell you. I saw Set's brother at changes on Tuesday. He's doing really great. It was neat to talk to him again.
Elder Green, Elder Shawkey and Elder Johnson. AKA "The Tripod".
Elder Hoyt said he is coming to my homecoming. I think another elder, Elder Graff who was from my generation but went home after six months, I think he might come too. It'd be really cool to see him again. And I plan on going to some homecomings of the other elders from my MTC district. I am still in contact with them and told them that I'd like to come to their homecomings.
Thanks for the World Cup updates. Any idea what time the games will be at? Will we have to wake up at 3am to watch them? The reimbursements that I never got back was for the gas/hot water in our house. It was about 180 pesos that I never saw again. But I think it was the ZL who might've not sent it in. But oh well. The ZL's don't really seem to care about getting letters out or reimbursements in... We just got a new one and he's way cool, probably the best I've had. His name is Elder Cardenas. I'll be sure to get photos with everyone that I want before I go home. I did get a little bit of transportation money this week so that will help.
Elder Green and Elder Steed at transfers. J.J. said "I just love that guy. He's a stud."
Good luck Dad with your colonoscopy. I hope that went well and wasn't too painful. I will be sure to give away all the stuff that I won't be taking home. I've already found quite a few people who can use the stuff I'm leaving, so there's no problem there.
I'm excited to see everyone again the evening I get home. You can just invite the extended family and whoever wants to come. Thanks for inviting Phil. You can also tell Trevor Boulter, I've talked to him a little bit lately.
I weighed myself one last time and surprisingly I only weighed 175 lbs. I think when I entered the MTC I was at 174 and left at 176. If I remember right. So overall in my mission I ended gaining only one extra pound. Even though it went up and down a lot in those two years.
I have a question. Am I allowed to bring toothpaste on the airplane? I know that I can't bring liquids or aerosol cans and things like that, but I wasn't sure on the toothpaste. Any last questions for me because next week will be the last time that I can write back to you. My last Monday I won't be able to go to Internet (obviously). I might be able to check my email in the offices Sunday night, but I'm not sure on that. But if you have any questions just let me know! :)
I love you all very much! Thanks again for the birthday wishes. Should be a great day. I'll talk to you all next week for the last time. Can't wait to see you all in two weeks! I love you!
Love,
Elder Green
No comments:
Post a Comment