Monday, May 17, 2010

17 May 2010
Hello Again Family,
It sure was great to talk to you last Sunday. I hope Mom had a nice Mother's Day. I also hope that Shantaye had a great birthday this weekend. Tell her happy birthday for me. :)
Thank you Dad for getting the bike in the shop. You asked on the phone when I wanted to go riding. Well, I get home on Monday afternoon... I was thinking maybe Wednesday morning we're out in the desert riding. But just a thought. :) I'd like to go as soon as possible with you.
Glad to hear that the Cancun trip is all planned out. The tour of the ruins sounds like a really good idea. I'm glad we'll do that. I'm getting excited for that trip, it should be lots of fun.
I also hope to be able to keep my language as long as possible. I will work on that when I get home so that I never forget it. I like Spanish a lot, it's fun to speak.
From what I know, the investigators have to go to Church at least one time before they can get baptized. But I don't think there is a set number or rule or anything. We were able to have two baptisms on Saturday morning. We received a reference of a lady who lives in our boundaries. She had gone to two different chapels but couldn't find the right one that corresponded to her. So we started teaching her on Tuesday, along with her 9 year old son. She was a golden investigator and was so happy to have us in her home teaching her. She is currently going through a divorce so it's been a hard time for her.
We continued teaching her all last week and on Saturday she was ready to be baptized. The fastest baptism I've had in my mission. 4 days after we started teaching she was baptized. Her son has a little bit of ADD but is a really cute kid. He was also baptized with his Mom and he really enjoyed it.
I baptized the Mom and my companion baptized the son. I will send you some pictures. Their full names are Mara Selene Ronquillo Torees. And the son is Julio Cesar Gutierrez Ronquillo. Being able to find and teach them made this week really great.
I also have the full names of Brenda and Hugo. Their names are Hugo Chaga Santana and Brenda Jussethe Aguilrea Sanchez. So now you have all the names of my baptisms I believe. Sorry it took so long to get those to you.
Transfers were yesterday and we found out that my companion and I are staying together. He'll be the one I finish with which is really cool because we get along great. We were both really happy about changes. They came early this time, about 5 PM because one of the assistants is from Peru and he went home last night, so they had to do them early.
Lots of people went home today. Elder Hoyt is in the airplane as we speak. I talked to him on the phone a lot this weekend and it was sad to say goodbye. But he said he'll come to my homecoming talk. Also, Elder Shawkey finished his mission but his parents flew in Saturday evening and are here with him right now. They are coming to my area tonight and we are all eating with some members, should be a fun night. He goes home Friday I believe.
I put those letters in the Pouch for Aunt Theo and G & G Barlow, but I found out the ZL's didn't send them out last week. So they should go out this week. I hope they get there quickly, if not then I may beat the letters home. But just a heads up there.
It's been cold and rainy here this week, but sounds like you are getting the same weather there. The World Cup is coming soon. Everyone here is getting excited about that. Is there anyway to check what times the games are? Mostly the Mexico game and the USA game, those are the two I will want to watch for sure.
Hard to believe that Shantaye is now a teenager! Time sure flies by. It's even harder to believe that I will only write two more emails to you as a missionary! :/ Because the last Monday I will be in the airplane all day and won't be able to write (obviously). Time sure goes by fast.
Sorry about taking more money out of my account. The mission never gave me the reimbursements (sp?) that I sent in. I also don't know if I will get any more money from the mission or not. Since I won't be here for all of the month of June they won't give me my monthly money. Transportation money is supposed to arrive this week but we'll see if they give me any or not. Seems that when missionaries go home they usually don't get any money from the mission. But just a heads up there as well.
Thank you Mom for looking up the info on Dixie College. Seems to be fairly cheap. I will have to decide all that when I get home in a few weeks. I'm definitely feeling a lot less pressure about coming home like you said Mom. I'm excited to see you all again after such a long time. Can't believe that I come home in three weeks though. I will for sure miss this place.
That's about all from this week. I hope you all have a great week and I will talk to you next Monday. I love you very much. Thanks again for the emails, love and support. You're the best!
Love,
Elder Green

No comments: