Monday, March 8, 2010

8 March 2010

Hi Mom and Dad! (And family) Thank you so much for the emails, they were really great this week! :) I really enjoyed reading them today. It's been a fairly good week for me here in Mehiko.

Bummer to hear about the Utes not playing so hot, but that happens. I'll be sure to check the March Madness bracket next week and then I'll fill it out and fax it to Dad, so he can have a copy of it. :)

Congrats to Chez-ro for making the team again! Nice work buddy! Sounds like you got some really sweet cleats to play with this year. I'll be sure to come to a bunch of your games once I'm home. When will the soccer season start? Fall?

To answer Mom's question, this is my 8th area. I think I could very well finish in this area but I would be happy with that, I like being here. There are some really cool members, the house is nice, and it's a good place to baptize. Speaking of, we had another baptism on Saturday. Her name is Paola Kristel López Garcia. She is the daughter of the lady who got baptized the previous weekend. She is 14 years old, I'll send you pictures. And the other good news, the dad came to church yesterday for the first time. So we put a date with him for this Saturday and hopefully he'll get baptized. That was really exciting.
Elder Green, Sister Paola Kristel López Garcia and Elder Gonzalez.

Zone Conference went well last Tuesday. They actually didn't talk hardly at all about the new mission being made. And they talked briefly about the new mission president coming, but my District didn't hear that part because we were with the President while they were talking about that. But it doesn't affect me anyways. The Elders will know if they get changed to the new mission or not in two transfers I believe. They will do transfers like they always do, and then the missionaries who are in the 5 zones that are going to the new mission, they will go to that new mission and that's where they will stay. So it's pretty much just all chance and depends where you are. But that is the transfer of July, so I won't be here.

I talked to President at the Zone Conference and I DID get my release date. And yes, he will send me home a few weeks early. But I'm okay with that. Gives me more time to work this summer and save up for Mexico. (Speaking of, I already have a job lined up too I think. But I'll get to that in a minute) My release date will be Monday, June 7th. :) The secretaries said that they should be calling you next month sometime, maybe in 4 weeks or so. I think they just ask you which airport I'm flying home to and all that. So just a heads up there. But that is my release date. It's exciting to know the exact date, but very nerve racking...
Elder Green, Garcia family and Elder Gonzalez.
Now to the job part. I didn't want to get a steady job because with all of the trips I have planned this summer, it would've been tough to keep that. So what I did about 3 weeks ago is I emailed Kory, and asked if he could talk to his dad for me. He said he did and that he's pretty sure that I can work for his dad as soon as I get home, counting cars. So that is my work plan for the summer. I believe it's a good paying job, I've done it before a few times with Kory. I could also look for another job as well if I needed to.

I think I'll worry about the school when I get home. I don't want to stress about it right now. I assume I'll go to SLCC, but I really need to decide what I want to study and major in, and that will affect where I go. But I still don't have an idea..

Christmas break would be fun for Mexico, but it's the busiest time of year so it will be very crowded and probably more expensive. When is the kid's registration? We could always do the beginning of August if they don't have anything, a few weeks before school starts. But I'll let you decide. Christmas and Easter break are the two busiest times of the year. I'll talk to Garcia and see if he knows good hotels and get some details.
Elder Johnson and Elder Green holding up Dana.

I hope I get my package tonight at the junta, but I'm not sure if it's arrived or not. I'll let you know when I get it. I do not want a package for my birthday since i will be coming home 8 days after it. Maybe just a few bucks in my account to buy things here, and that's all. Or maybe a letter or something to read on that day, that would be fine. I thought about coming home the 31st of May, a week earlier. And then basically being home for my birthday. But Prez and I had a nice talk and this is the final date we came up with. I didn't want to go home too early anyways. June 7th seems like a nice day. :)

Yes, Elder Shawkey is the one who rides motorcycles. It would be cool to be able to visit Amberlee when I go to Cali in July. Sounds like she'll get a new mission president the week before, so there's hope!

J.J. at a dinner appointment with one of the first families he met in Mexico City in 2008.

Thank you Mom for sharing that experience about Dallas Stewart, that was really cool. I heard about the big earthquake there, and wasn't there one in China too? Seems to be hitting strong lately...

I haven't seen my Mission President's wife for quite a long time. Every once in a while she'll come to the transfers, but I haven't seen her in probably 5 or 6 months.
Dad is correct when he says that the poorer people are more receptive to the Gospel. But it's always been like that, even says so in the Book of Mormon. I can't remember what chapter it is in Alma, but I read it a few weeks ago. I think around 35 or 37.. Says that exact thing.
Well, I believe that is about everything from this week. Lots of big news, I know. I hope you all have a great week. I love you all and miss you!

Love,
Elder Green

No comments: