Monday, March 15, 2010

15 March 2010

Hello again family,

This past week sure went by quickly. Happy Birthday to Dad this Friday! I hope he has a great day! My mission call arrived exactly two years ago this week, how crazy is that?

Congrats to Chez for scoring his first goal, that's awesome! Way to go buddy! Still no package yet but I'm hoping that I will get it tonight in the junta. Elder Green, Feliciano Lopez Martinez, his son and Elder Gonzalez.

Thanks Dad for talking to Ron for me. I hope he'll have an open spot for me when I get back. I'm not worrying about school right now, and I'm NOT trunky Dad, so don't worry. :) I don't really get trunky. I still have to ask Garcia about some hotels in Cancun. I'll try to talk to him this week sometime.
Brother Martinez with his recently baptized daughter and wife.

Yesterday we had another baptism. Feliciano Lopez Martinez. The father of the girl who was baptized last week and the husband of the lady who was baptized two weeks ago. So now the whole family is baptized, except the 7 year old son. It was really neat to be able to baptize an entire family like that. We are working with some other investigators now. We found a young couple last week, Hugo and Brenda. We've been passing by with them regularly and teaching them and it's been going well. And yesterday they showed up to the chapel! That was really cool. The only thing is they are not married, and they live together. So we'll have to invite them to get married before they can get baptized.
Elder Green, Martinez family and Elder Gonzalez.

It's exciting having the official release date now. The time went by so fast looking back on it.. It was slow at the time, but now that it's passed it has gone by super fast. The elders that are coming back to Mexico with me are Elders Shawkey and Hoyt. They both go home in May, just a little before I do. They actually got their flight plans this week, so we'll see when I get mine. It'll be even more exciting to know what time I land in SLC. A small part of J.J.'s area.

I will probably have to buy the things I want here before my birthday actually gets here. That last week I'm sure will be very very busy. But if that's the case, I'll just use my money and then the birthday money will cover it once you put that in my account. I've been trying to be good at not taking out money these past few months. But it's tough because I had to buy the gas for hot water and the mission is slow at giving reimbursements. (However you spell that word)
J.J. and his comp went to pick up a less active family for Church. This is their daughter.

Well, that's about all from this week. I'll send some pictures of the baptism. Did you see that video I put up last week of the dirty river in my area? Not sure if it worked or not because this computer doesn't have the program to watch videos. But I hope it did!

I love you all very much! Hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Green

No comments: