Wednesday, January 20, 2010

18 January 2010 - New Area

Hi Family,

So I ended up getting changes as well. They closed down that area again. It seems like every 3 or 4 months they close it, then open it back up. That was a bummer though because I had found some really good investigators there. The DL who is right next door will be in both areas, they should have a few baptisms in these next weeks. But that's ok, as long as they get baptized then that's all that matters, I don't have to be the one who does it.
And being on that subject... Do you remember Teresa? She's in my old area Whisky, when I was there with Elder Garcia. We found her and she was such a cool lady. I think you remember. We'll... she got baptized on Saturday! Garcia went to it but I wasn't able to go. I was so excited to hear that. After 7 months she finally got baptized. She said in her testimony afterwards that thanks to Green and Garcia she got to know the Gospel. And lots of other cool stuff. Garcia took pictures that he's going to give me. That was really good news.

My new place.


So as to changes, I moved one area over. Right next door. I have two Wards again, they're called Santa Monica and Jacarandas. This first week has been really good. I feel happy again with my new companion. Forgot what that was like... I don't think I'll ever leave this zone though, I've been here for 5 transfers in a row, they just move me from area to area. Haha. But it's fine. My companion is Elder Arrecis. I'm his step-dad, meaning I'm his second companion. He only has one transfer in the mission. He's from Chiapas Mexico, his whole family are members and they've been members for about 5 years. He's a good guy. We get along well. The members in this ward are really great. It's been a good first week.


Thanks Mom for getting my package all ready. You'll probably only end up sending like two or three more because then my time will be up. Crazy thought.

Thanks Dad for approving my trip. I'll see what we can do. Some other missionaries are looking into flight prices.


Today we played soccer and basketball for several hours. We just finished playing. It was fun. Tomorrow is our zone conference, it's actually with two zones. We'll see how that goes. Not too excited for it. We have to be there at 7am and it's very far away, and we'll see how long it lasts this time.


Well, not much else from this week. Just transfers and getting familiar with my new area. Thanks for the emails.

Love you family.

Elder Green

No comments: