Hi Family.
Made it though the last week of the transfers. It was tough, but I did it. The past two weeks I've been working as hard as I possibly can and we had a little more success. The mission started a new thing, we have to sing a hymn in every lesson or it doesn't count. So we've been singing a lot these past two weeks. But it's amazing how much two verses of a hymn can bring the Spirit into a lesson. It seemed odd at first and lots of missionaries were shy to do it, but it really is amazing. I would give that as advice to Am if you write her. Sing a hymn that is related to the lesson, it really helps the investigator feel the Spirit just that much more.
These past two weeks we went to a new part of the area to knock doors. We probably knocked over 300 doors these past two weeks. But we found some good investigators also. We are teaching a lady named Isabel who was a Jehova's Witness before. We were able to bring her to the chapel yesterday and she really seemed to like it. We have an appointment with her tomorrow.
On Friday, we got together with the district and we all came to work in my area for an hour or two. That was pretty fun, we found maybe one or two new investigators to teach. But this area is tough.
On Saturday, some members called us at like 8am and asked if we could help them because they are moving. So we went and helped out all morning. Lots of work to do, but it was nice to lend some service. Just going up and down stairs with boxes.
A big cold front came in on Friday and the temperature really dropped. Not sure how cold exactly, but around 40-50 F. That's cold for Mexico City, especially since furnases and house heating don't exist here. Lots of rain too. My umbrella broke on Saturday night finally. Poor little guy... But it still works, it's just limp on one side. Haha. It's not too humid here though, just normal.
Bummer that Texas lost. But what can ya do? Mom's sending another package? I would love some Swedish Fish. :) Those are fat free and one of my favorite candies. And more pop tarts, I just ate the last one this morning. I don't want to eat too much fatty foods now, only 5 and a half months left, gotta get in shape for the summer :) The cheese and crackers you sent were really great as well.
Thanks for the pictures Dad, the stadium seems really nice. Very "strawberry" as they say in Spanish. January 5th is a big holiday here. It's the day of the Three Wise Men. I'll explain how it works.. The kids buy a balloon, then they write a note, or wish list, and tie it to the end of the balloon, and that night they send the balloon up in the sky. And then the next morning the Wise Men bring them their gifts! It's like Santa Clause, but it's bigger. The kids get more excited for this than for Christmas. So... what did I do that night? I bought myself a balloon... :) Then I made my wish list, and sent it off. I took a video so I'll try to post it on the blog right now. And some pictures I'll send to you. But, the Wise Men didn't bring me anything... Members told me that I guess you have to give another copy of the wish list to your parents?? Who knew.. Haha. But you wouldn't have wanted to see it, I asked for expensive stuff. Like a dirt bike and a new truck and stuff. Ha. But I had fun doing it.
Ok well anyways. So changes are today. They called us last night at around 11pm. My companion is leaving to a new area. But they don't know about my transfers yet. They're going to call me today and let me know. They might close the area down again so I'll leave too, I don't know. So I have no idea what's going to happen. All I know is I'm getting a new comp, and that makes me as happy as can be. :) I guess I'll let you know next week what happened.
Well, I think that's about all for this week. Thanks for the emails Mom and Dad. Thanks for the prayers and support. I love you all very much! Have a great week.
Love,
Elder Green
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment