Thursday, September 24, 2009

21 September 2009

Hi Green Family,

We had another good week here, a lot easier than the last one. We're starting to find some new people to teach but we need to keep looking and find more. We don't have hardly any investigators yet so we're still working on that.
That's tough that Am's companion went home, no fun at all for her. But like you said, it's not her fault and not much she can do about it. I don't have the email you said that Am sent to me. Maybe she sent it to my mylds account? I'll check that after. Elder Green with his Krispy Kreme donuts and Dr. Pepper.


I'll be sure to think of Dad the next time I drink a Dr. Pepper. A member gave us a coupon for a free dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme and they were really good. Can't even remember the last time I had one of those. I know Dad doesn't like them, but I enjoyed em. :)
Mexican flag hanging in the Church on 15 September.


Sorry about not sending any photos last week, I'll see if I can send some real quick today. I have several photos that I want to send to you. Not sure if I've grown or not on the mission, I doubt it. But I will try to check if I can find a place to measure my height. My comp. is a little short, but nothing out of the ordinary. He's a little bit bigger width wise, if that's a nice way to say it. But we're doing fine here together.

Elder Quintero, his "greenie" and Elder Green.


About half the houses I've lived in here have been with members, the other half no. So I guess it just depends really. They don't make a big deal out of that here. That's way cool that you had the missionaries over for dinner at our house. I'm glad you invited them because people always invite us. A pair of worn out shoes!

For example, the member's house that we are at right now, washing our clothes, she just invited us to eat with her and her son is on a mission as well. She's way kind to us. She gave us that coupon for Krispy Kreme and is always way kind to us and helping us out in whatever we need, so I'm glad you helped out the missionaries back home. The husband just got called as the new ward mission leader and he's a way funny guy, so we know this family pretty well. They're way kind to us. J.J.'s side of the room.

Let's for sure plan on golf, I'd really enjoy that. Some classes would really help out. Set's brother isn't a missionary, he's like 30 something years old. Maybe more... But he was at the changes and that's where I ran into him. Great guy. Their closet.

They used to reimburse us for taxis, but just recently they stopped doing it. Not sure what the cause is for that. Supposedly they give us more before changes and we use that on the taxis, but it's the same amount that they give us. Nos llevan al baile. Ha ha. That means "They take us to the dance." But it's slang for "They rip us off." Funny how the slang works here.
Elder Cerano's side of the room.
I'm not sure why our bishop is living in Mexico City, I never asked him. I think he's been here for about 7 years, him and his family. In Mexican Spanish they also use the word "claro" which can mean clear or of course, has two meanings. But in Argentina, in place of using "tu" they use the word "voz", sounds really weird to me. But they both mean "you" informal.
Elder Cerano and Elder Green.
Our Independence Day was really fun. The ward activity was really nice; short, but good. And since you mentioned getting a new care package put together for me... well there is something that I need, more socks. I like the Gold Toe ones that I have but several pairs now have wholes in the bottom. So if you could send maybe like 4 or 5 pairs that would be great. And if Mom could sew a little red onto them like she did with the others so I can recognize that they're mine. They wore out because my shoes started to wear out. I'll send you a picture of one of the pairs of shoes I have, it has a big whole in the bottom, right on the ball of the foot. I will need to buy some new ones soon, so I was thinking maybe an early Christmas present?? Elder Cerano and the trainer.

There is a good brand here called Flexi, it's like the Ecco's of Mexico. They cost about 50 dollars, not too expensive. But the ones I have now I will probably get rid of before I change areas. If it rains water gets in from the bottom very quickly and it's not very padded anymore for walking, obviously. So let me know what I should do there, I'll start looking for new shoes though. Might be tough to find some in this area but I'll keep my eye open. Other than that I can't think of much else that I need right now.
I hope Chez keeps up the success in soccer, sounds like he's got a really good team. Nice work buddy! Where is Dad building this dog house at? Is he building it from scratch or how is he doing it? Yes, I like to share a little something when we eat with the members as well. Usually just a short scripture that I like and a 2 or 3 minute message, nothing long. Short and sweet. Glad the missionaries did that with you.
I heard Trevor was back, that's way exciting. I still remember when he called me to tell me where he was going on his mission. That sure went by fast. Bummer about the Utes not doing so hot this year. But oh well.
I think I'll just hold onto my memory card, it doesn't take up much room. I already bought one that is half decent so you don't have to send me one. Thank you though! Sounds like Tiff's adult get away will be fun. What is the age that qualifies you as an adult? Or do you have to have kids to be included in this? Just curious.
On the Independence Day we worked a little, but knocking doors won't have any success on that day. So we just visited some people mostly, less active families, things like that. Then had the activity in the afternoon. If you haven't been able to find my area yet, the zip code is 53100, or that's part of my area at least. The chapel's address is Lomas Verdes Avenue number 490, fairly close to my house.

Well I think that's about all from this week. I'll try to get some photos sent off real quick. If I don't have time now then I'll do it after the junta. I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Green

No comments: