1 September 2009
Hi Family,
So I have a little bit of time this morning so now I can write to you all. We are planning another baptism this afternoon so it's going to be a busy day. Sorry about yesterday, we didn't have much time at all. We had a district activity that took up about the whole day, but it was a blast.
Sounds like Am's goodbye talk was awesome, wish I could've been there. That's very kind of the Mortimer's to donate to my mission funds, I'll be sure to write them a letter to say thank you. I still talk to Kory by Internet and I wrote him a letter last week.
Thanks Mom and Dad for helping out on the mission funds; I was unaware of that. So thank you very much. But I have to buy my own bike?? Bummer. That's why I told Dad to sell my old one so I'd have money to buy the one I wanted when I get home. But oh well. I guess I'll just have to save up and then get it.
Yes, I cut up my credit card in small pieces and threw it away. Don't worry. Seems like you had fun at 5 Mile Pass last week. Strange how much it's changed, that's no fun. But not much you can do.
To answer Dad's question, check out page 128 in Preach My Gospel, that's where you'll find your answer about the English stuff. :)
Yes, my comp. right now is a DL. He went home the first time because he had some problems that he had to take care of is all. When he went to that long meeting I went and worked with a different missionary, it was pretty fun. The juntas every Sunday night are for the DL's and the ZL's, so I don't have to be in them, luckily. :)
Basketball last week was a blast. I can't jump like I used to, but I DID dunk it one time. So I still have something of my legs. But then again, I've only played basketball 3 times in my one year of being in Mexico, so I've lost a lot of what I had before. Hopefully I'll be able to get it all back. I already assigned Chez to that job, he has to get me back in shape. Right buddy?!? Haha. Don't let me down Chez-ro! :)
That's cool that Chez wants a Gold's Gym membership. I have one waiting for me when I get home so then him and I can go together. It's just on hold for these two years while I'm not home, pretty cool. I'm glad I'll have that to come back to.
To answer Mom's question: Yes, the Elder Sorensen that came to our house to visit you all, he got married just this past Saturday. Pretty quick, but I'm happy for him.
When I completed one year in Mexico, we got together with Amalia, the investigator that we have, and we watched Finding Faith In Christ and then ate a cake. It was an enjoyable evening with them. They're so kind to us. She's all ready for baptism but wants to wait and get baptized with her daughter who is 14, so we're still working with her.
Last Saturday, we had to do an interview for other missionaries in another area at night, and then after we didn't have any other appointments, so we crossed the street and went to a little driving range. It was lots of fun! Took some good pics and videos. I love golf, but I'm not very good at it at all. It's fun to play though. So that was a blast to hit some balls with some buddies that night.
I hope everything goes well with Amberlee tomorrow!! Tell her good luck for me! I'm so excited for her! I know she's going to be an amazing missionary. Study hard and work hard. I loved the MTC, it was a great experience for me. I'm sure she'll love it as well. I love ya sis! Way proud of you. :) Write me a letter in Spanish once you start learning it, even if it's a little. Just the best you can.
Well, that's about all the news from this week. Oh yeah, yesterday for our activity, we went to these caves that are in the mountains, it was pretty cool. They are man made because they used to mine there, but we had lots of fun. That's what took up the whole day.
Love you fam! Have a great week! Let me know what Am's blog site is so I can check it out. Also, if you can tell me how to update videos to my blog I can do that for you, because I'm not sure how to send them from email. Thanks.
Love ya!
Elder J.J. Green
Sounds like Am's goodbye talk was awesome, wish I could've been there. That's very kind of the Mortimer's to donate to my mission funds, I'll be sure to write them a letter to say thank you. I still talk to Kory by Internet and I wrote him a letter last week.
Thanks Mom and Dad for helping out on the mission funds; I was unaware of that. So thank you very much. But I have to buy my own bike?? Bummer. That's why I told Dad to sell my old one so I'd have money to buy the one I wanted when I get home. But oh well. I guess I'll just have to save up and then get it.
Yes, I cut up my credit card in small pieces and threw it away. Don't worry. Seems like you had fun at 5 Mile Pass last week. Strange how much it's changed, that's no fun. But not much you can do.
To answer Dad's question, check out page 128 in Preach My Gospel, that's where you'll find your answer about the English stuff. :)
Yes, my comp. right now is a DL. He went home the first time because he had some problems that he had to take care of is all. When he went to that long meeting I went and worked with a different missionary, it was pretty fun. The juntas every Sunday night are for the DL's and the ZL's, so I don't have to be in them, luckily. :)
Basketball last week was a blast. I can't jump like I used to, but I DID dunk it one time. So I still have something of my legs. But then again, I've only played basketball 3 times in my one year of being in Mexico, so I've lost a lot of what I had before. Hopefully I'll be able to get it all back. I already assigned Chez to that job, he has to get me back in shape. Right buddy?!? Haha. Don't let me down Chez-ro! :)
That's cool that Chez wants a Gold's Gym membership. I have one waiting for me when I get home so then him and I can go together. It's just on hold for these two years while I'm not home, pretty cool. I'm glad I'll have that to come back to.
To answer Mom's question: Yes, the Elder Sorensen that came to our house to visit you all, he got married just this past Saturday. Pretty quick, but I'm happy for him.
When I completed one year in Mexico, we got together with Amalia, the investigator that we have, and we watched Finding Faith In Christ and then ate a cake. It was an enjoyable evening with them. They're so kind to us. She's all ready for baptism but wants to wait and get baptized with her daughter who is 14, so we're still working with her.
Last Saturday, we had to do an interview for other missionaries in another area at night, and then after we didn't have any other appointments, so we crossed the street and went to a little driving range. It was lots of fun! Took some good pics and videos. I love golf, but I'm not very good at it at all. It's fun to play though. So that was a blast to hit some balls with some buddies that night.
I hope everything goes well with Amberlee tomorrow!! Tell her good luck for me! I'm so excited for her! I know she's going to be an amazing missionary. Study hard and work hard. I loved the MTC, it was a great experience for me. I'm sure she'll love it as well. I love ya sis! Way proud of you. :) Write me a letter in Spanish once you start learning it, even if it's a little. Just the best you can.
Well, that's about all the news from this week. Oh yeah, yesterday for our activity, we went to these caves that are in the mountains, it was pretty cool. They are man made because they used to mine there, but we had lots of fun. That's what took up the whole day.
Love you fam! Have a great week! Let me know what Am's blog site is so I can check it out. Also, if you can tell me how to update videos to my blog I can do that for you, because I'm not sure how to send them from email. Thanks.
Love ya!
Elder J.J. Green

No comments:
Post a Comment