Tuesday, July 21, 2009

20 July 2009

Hi Family!
Happy birthday to Chez tomorrow and Am on the 24th! I hope they both have a great day on their B-days.
Pancakes for breakfast.
Elder Green and Elder Garcia.

Elder Green and Elder Garcia at the dry waterfall.

This week went pretty well, we had our zone conference on Wednesday morning/afternoon. Then after that I went on divisions with Elder Fajardo, the Jr. ZL, I really enjoyed that. He's a way cool guy and he's in the same generation as my which is cool.

In the cave waiting out the pouring rain!


I received a letter from Shantaye which was way cute! Thanks sis!
I didn't get a package yet, hopefully it'll come this Wednesday. If not then it might take some more time because if I get changed next week the package might get sent to this area, but I won't be here, who knows. No worries though.
"This photo is especially for Amberlee! Hehe"
Cooking fire for S'mores.
Eating S'mores...
In the interviews with the Prez on Wednesday we asked him if he would let my comp. and I stay together one more change. We get along really well and we want to be able to baptize together in this area. I don't think he'll let us stay together but who knows, I'll let you know next Monday.

We've been visiting Teresa this week which went really well, she's such a cool lady. She didn't come to church yesterday which was a big bummer because she was all excited to go and was planning on it and everything. Not sure why she couldn't make it, bummer.
More hiking on P-day.

We taught her lesson 2 and she understands so well and is way accepting. The only thing is she has a big smoking problem, like smokes a pack of cigarettes a day. But we taught her Word of Wisdom and she's been improving a ton, only smokes about 4 a day now which is a big improvement. She's a way cool lady, her and her daughter Soña, we always laugh and joke and have fun when we are with them.
"This photo is especially for Amberlee! Hehe"
Elder Garcia says "hello" again, he loved the pic of Dad's purple suit. Thanks for sending it. I didn't get the names or any photos of the baptism two weeks ago because it doesn't count as our baptism, it was the sister missionaries' baptism. We just had to perform the ordinance because the sisters can't do it, obviously.

Sounds like Rosko is a pretty good dog. He looks way cute. Rosko is just a dog name in Spanish, it doesn't have a meaning. Didn't you say the other dog was named Pancho or something like that? Pancho is slang for "problem". Haha.
Sister Lopez giving J.J. a free haircut.
I learned something funny a few weeks ago and forgot to tell you. You know the end piece in the loaf of bread? Well in Spanish that piece is called the "suegra", translated in English it means "mother in law". I asked why it's called that and they said "because nobody likes it or wants it." haha. I thought that was pretty funny.

One more thing. Just a heads up for the next package you send. I was wondering if you could find a CD that is just pure bag pipe music. Church songs or just Scottish songs or something like that, if you can even find one. I love bag pipe music (just like Dad) and I'd love to have one if you could find one. Thanks!
Elder Green and Elder Caldera at the Mexico City Temple.

Well that's about all the news from this week. My comp.'s birthday is the 23rd, pretty funny huh? Lots of b-days this week.

I love you all!

Have a great week!

Love, Elder Green

No comments: