Saturday, March 28, 2009

23 March 2009

Well, last night we found out about changes, and we're staying together, just like Dad bet. Good guess. I'm happy about it though, it should be another good change as we get along pretty well.

Sounds like the family had a good, busy week. I hope Chez had fun on his St. Geezy trip. St. George is a fun place to go, especially for the sand dunes. I hope Dad had a happy birthday, sounds like he got some good food from Mom.

Taxi slug bug - very common there.

I definitely miss Mom's home cooking. The reason I am gaining a little weight is because they fry everything here, and I mean about everything. Everything is cooked in grease. Ugh. But that's OK, it is what it is.

That is a big time bummer that the Utes lost first round, that hurt my bracket a little bit. But my bracket is looking pretty good so far. I have to update it still but as of what I had updated, I have 6 circles in my Sweet 16 and 3 X's, so not too bad. I picked Pittsburgh to win it all, not sure if that was a good choice seeing how many turnovers they had their first game that almost cost them. But I didn't do any homework on it so it was all kind of guesses and instincts. We'll see how I do. I have Memphis loosing to Pittsburgh in the final game, with Kansas and UNC in my final four.

Local bus.

For dinner, well, we usually don't eat dinner. I have meat and cheese in the house and make sandwiches, but that's about it. If you haven't sent the package yet, you could send that peanut butter and jelly that is in the same jar stuff. But if you already sent it out then that's OK. I don't think it'll get here by Easter, but no worries.

I still remember my Spring Break trip with Cody and everyone had to wait to hear where I was going. Seems like so long ago, but at the same time it feels like yesterday. I will write Grandma and Grandpa an email, I haven't done that for a little bit.

A white "Combi". Some are white and some are green. Just depends on where you are in Mexico City. The State and Federal District charge different prices. This one charges 3 Pesos. In J.J.'s first area they charged 5.5 Pesos.

To answer Mom's question, yes we can flush TP down the toilet in this house, what a blessing eh? My last house also, but my first house we weren't able to. And you are probably right about wanting to save up for a car, not a motorbike. But I want to buy a truck more than anything, and have a bike to through in the back of it. But if we sold the Yamaha would you help me buy a new one? I would want a Honda because I rode my friend's and there is just more power and I think that's the way I would want to go. I don't know if I'd buy a new one because it'd be so expensive, just a used one for half price. But that's just my idea, we don't have to worry about that for a while.

And about the hammock, I meant to say it would be cool to have when I’m older, not holder. Sorry Mom, type-o. The member called me again and said it should be done this Thursday, so hopefully it will be. Dad said I should be nice and give him a tip, so I won't try to talk him down on price. Especially since he lost his job I found out and this is his only income at the moment. I'll give him a little extra, like 100 pesos. I guess that was just my chilango side coming out and trying to negotiate. Chilango means you live in the city, but I think I told you that on the Christmas phone call.

A "Micro". J.J. can't stand up straight in them - too tall!

I'm not sure why my comp. has only had companions for one change, just what the Prez decided I guess. He was senior companion before but then got bumped down. Sorry to hear about Dad's lose in church ball and how he got a little roughed up. But I guess that is church ball for you. Like last year, our other Ward's team almost got into fights every time they played. Church ball, gotta love it.

"Banana Sandwich" is just one of my weird phrases, not anything I learned here. I have lots of weird phrases that my friends and I use to talk, I've just never said them to you parents I guess.

Another Micro.

I'm excited to hear where Kory will go, but it seems weird that the Bishop is taking so long. Kory told me that he's been waiting on the Bishop for quite some time now, not sure why that is.

The 24 hour divisions was something that I've never heard about either. My comp. said that they used to do it, but it's not very common. It was nice to study and plan with the District Leader, but I'm not a fan of 24 hour divisions. And the Prez said that we aren't going to do divisions anymore, he said that a few months back, but our leader just wanted to try and help us in our area I guess.

My comp. went with the DL's companion in their area, and the DL came with me in my area. It was something different and new, but I think I like the normal divisions better, just for the day. Our interviews with the Prez were held in a chapel, just like the conference. I know saying "He falls well with me" doesn't work in English, but that's how it's said in Spanish. Or you can say "He falls fat with me" if you don't like the person. Haha.

I will ship home my hammock once I get it. There are package places in my area so that works out well. I think there is a DHL close by. I took some photos of the transportation so I will send them to you today.

Green and white Combi.

Yesterday, the Visitor Center came to our stake center and set up a little mini visitor center and had an activity. Then us missionaries went out for 3 hours trying to bring people into the chapel. It was very successful and they said that it was the most success they've had doing this activity, and they've been doing it for a year and a half. So we would get people to go inside, and then there were sister missionaries and the visitor center president and his wife who would talk with the people. They also brought poster boards and all that to help explain things about the Church. Basically, a mini visitor center on wheels I guess you could say, but it was fun.

After that, we went to an Elder's house with our district and hung out there waiting for the phone call on changes. We played board games and watched Remember The Titans, so it was a fun evening.

Well, that's about all the news from this week.
I love you!!
Elder Green

Note: J.J.'s Dad asked for some transportation photos. So this week we have LOTS of methods of transportation that J.J. uses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures! Too tall for the bus, huh, J.J.?