Friday, March 6, 2009

2 March 2009
Hi Family!

I can't believe Dad is turning 51! Yikes Pops... I hope you can still hold your own on a dirt bike when I get back.. Guess we'll see in a little while. ;) haha. There are two main cell phone services here, Telcel and Movistar. If you call from one to the other then it uses a lot of your minutes, or if you call to a land line it uses a lot. So if I'm calling a house then I usually just use a payphone on the street, much easier.

Shantaye emailed me and I emailed her back last week. She wrote me again and I will write her back after I finish this email. Jay also wrote me and it was funny to hear from him, he's a funny kid.

Today we had a junta with the whole zone in the morning and I got my package. Thank you very much! Haven't opened it yet but I will tonight. I also got several letters which was nice, 3 from Ward members.

I will write Aunt Theo and Aunt Kathi this week and send them off a letter for sure. The mission is actually really good at reimbursing us for things. We bought gas Saturday and it felt so nice to have a normal, hot shower. Almost forgot what it was like there for a minute... Haha.

Definitely will do some suitcase cleaning before I move houses again. I still have all the Mac N Cheese from the Christmas package, I hope it doesn't have bugs in it. Yes, my DL is a native from Mexico. One of my ZL's is an American though, he's actually one of my friends. He was in my district the last change of my first area, you can find him in the picture we took at the BK Lounge, Elder Larsen.

We have several investigators that we are working with right now, they have come to church at least once. But we can only visit them on Saturday's so it is a slow process, but they are progressing which is good.

Elder Llamozas and Elder Green - Utah Utes fans!!!

Tell Chez good luck on his tryouts this week! I know he'll do great.I have always liked pineapple, well at least for quite a while. It's definitely in my top 5 favorite fruits. They make water out of it here also which is really good also, but I prefer just the fruit with the juice it brings.

Well now to Dad's email (sorry Dad, ladies first) It's "hanging" well still. Or do I say, it's hanging good?? I know I should improve my English, but honestly it's not going to happen here and now. My English gets worse by the day and I forget how to spell and forget words completely. But I'll try just for you pops ;) That is perfect that you keep the tax income in my savings account, I don't plan on buying anything. But if I do then I'll ask you first Daddy Oh. Què te parece? Bien? Bueno, seguimos. (How does that seem to you? Fine? Good, let's continue.)

Glad Shantaye "loved" the movie so much. I've seen posterboards and billboards of that movie here in Mehiko, must be pretty popular.

I will keep my shirts still, won't get rid of those yet. I went this whole week with only wearing one shirt, is that weird? I don't remember normal life. If it doesn't get dirty or I don't sweat too bad then it's still considered clean, for a missionary at least. It's tough to scrub those collars clean by hand, but it eventually comes clean.

It is funny the things you collect when you're in a place for a little while. I know exactly what duffel bag Daddy Yankee is talking about, I've gone through it many times looking for camping supplies.

Close up of those Utah Ute fans in the Mexico City West Mission.
Thank you for making a mission journal for me, that will be awesome to have when I'm an old gieser like Dad. Haha. Just kidding papa bear. I'm not trying to bag on you, but remember that I, yes ME, was always the one who got picked on in the house. Haha.

I have a picture with me wearing my new Ute shirt from when we played soccer last week, I also was wearing a Utah sweat band on my arm. I'll send those to you as soon as I'm done writing this. I didn't know Mother's Cookies went bankrupt, bummer.

I hope I'm not DL one day, yikes! Haha. Jk. But seriously, lots more responsibility and work, that's for sure. But I'll be whatever the Lord needs me to be, not my choice really.

We didn't end up watching Saints and Soldiers which was a bummer because I haven't seen it either. We played soccer for several hours and then foosball(not sure how to spell that) and it didn't give us time to watch the movie, but no worries.

Yes I have Advil and I took some that night which helped a ton. Good Ol' Advil. The high school soccer thing wasn't my scene, but I'm sure Chez will like it and do great! Football and basketball were the main focuses when I was in high school, yet I didn't really play either.

High school feels like forever ago. Did Set live near the Church High school that is in my last area? Tell him sorry, I didn't want to change but didn't have a choice.

The Mexicans definitely spend all they can and don't manage their money well at all. Maybe that's why they don't have credit cards from home and their parents send it to them through a member's account.

Today at the junta we found out that the mission is going to change some things. They used to give us the monthly money at the beginning of every month, and then every 3 weeks we get transportation money. But now they are going to give it to us all at once, so they have to manage it even more now.

Last Wednesday we had our zone conference with the mission Prez and it was my favorite one so far! I really enjoyed it this time, more than the others. The Prez is working on being more spiritual and not talking the whole time, he had missionaries do most of the talking. But it was cool because he told us stories about when he was called to be a mission president, and how all that worked and how it was a surprise to him, it was a good conference.

Today in the junta they told us that the Prez is now focusing on retention, not on numbers so much. Like I told you before he changes his mind a lot, but I'm glad because I know that retention is more important than the numbers.

A few months ago he came out with that list of how many baptisms every missionary had to try to motivate people to get more, but now he's totally changed his view on things. He used to be all about numbers and would always talk about that at the conferences, but not this time.

I decided that my area is like a party area, there is always some celebration or expo going on. Every since I got here there has been some big expo or something every weekend, and it always changes. A few minutes from our house there is a big open space and that's where they always set up the big ordeals.

It has been a fine week, and another month has passed us by. February sure went by fast and this change is half way over already, crazy.

I love you all! Hope all is going well at home.

Elder Green

No comments: