Hello again Family,
Thanks for the emails this week. It's been a good week and even better weekend. I sure enjoyed conference on Saturday and Sunday. We were able to watch all of the sessions. Monson is hilarious, we were all laughing Saturday morning when he started off the conference. I actually enjoyed the Saturday sessions more than the Sunday sessions, can't remember the last time that has happened. It was a great conference overall and I really enjoyed it.
Hope that you all have been enjoyed Spring Break. I totally forgot it was Easter until I heard it in one of the prayers on Sunday morning. Oops. Most people had the weekend off because it's a big deal down here. On Friday, we saw a bunch of people who reinacted the crucifixion of Christ. We didn't stay to watch it but we had to pass by to get to one of our appointments. They do that all over here. I even heard that in some places they actually put the nails in someone's hands and feet.. The traditions here are strange..
The Cancun trip sounds great! I'm very excited. I'm assuming that the kids are coming too? You didn't say.. I would prefer to have more time in Cancun. A few days in Mexico City is enough I think, but I would really like to go visit the pyramids because I've never seen those. Can we do that Monday and then Tuesday go to Cancun? I'll leave it up to you, but I would enjoy more time on the beach. There's not many people I will want to visit here and we can see most of the stuff in 3 days I'm sure. I talked to Garcia and he said he will talk to his mom and they'll prepare a nice dinner for us one of the nights that we are down there. That should be lots of fun. I'll try to ask for hotels that are here in the city. I know there are a few in the center that are pretty nice, but I'll see if anyone knows any. The thing is I'm not too close to the center right now so not many members know any.
If Mom is sending one final package, I thought of something you could send. Those Betty Crocker desserts that you sent before. I think that was the brand. Where you just add water and microwave. And maybe some Easy Mac, haven't had that for who knows how long. And then just whatever else you'd like. Thank you again :) You're the best!
Elder Quintero is from Sinaloa, it's the northwest part of Mexico I believe. He went to the conference in Salt Lake City with his family this past weekend. I'm sure I'll be hanging out with missionary buddies long after the mission, just like you Dad.
Things with Hugo and Brenda seem to be progressing. They said that they want to be baptized so we will see what we can do. Their situation is difficult right now so I'm not so sure that they'll be able to get baptized.. But we'll work with them this week and see what we can do.
I got an email from Trace Staker last week. Did you know that he has been on his mission for a year now? I had no idea. He's in Argentina and says he really likes it. It was great to hear from him. I got a letter from Dad and it had pictures in it. Thank you very much! I love those pictures. Those are the family pictures I've wanted since I got here... but I never got 'em. So thank you, better late than never. I think I'll keep them instead of giving them away.
Last night we were waiting around for the phone call to come on changes.. At about 11:30 they finally called us and told us. I am staying here and my companion is leaving, which is what we figured would happen. An Elder Salazar is coming to this area with me, I think that is his name at least. I'll let you know the details next Monday after I meet him.
I am planning on going to buy the souviners and things I need this weekend. So just a heads up there. If you want to put my birthday money in now and I can use that to buy everything, that'd be great. I plan on spending around 100 dollars or so, depends on what I find.
I can't believe we are in April now.. It's crazy. It was a little sad thinking that that was my last General Conference in the mission.. Time sure flew by fast.
I hope you all have a great week. I love you very much!
Love,
Elder Green
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment