Monday, November 30, 2009

30 November 2009

Dear Family,
Well, not really sure what to think right now. The changes came late last night and.... I'm staying here in Lomas Verdes for another month and a half. And, I'm staying with my same companion... Wow. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. So that's the news there.

This week was alright I guess. The wedding on Tuesday was really great. It was good to see Crispin and his new wife. They got married in Oawaca on Saturday and then came here to the city on Sunday. And then on Tuesday morning they got married. I don't know if their families aren't members or something, but they just came alone. So in the sealing it was just them, my comp. and I, and a member couple from one of Crispin's old Wards. The good part about that was that I got to be one of the witnesses! That was neat. I signed his wedding certificate and everything. It was exciting to see him. I'll send you a few pictures of us at the Temple.

The Crispin newlyweds with Elder Green - one of their marriage witnesses!
We weren't able to go to the Visitor's Center last week. Liza's car broke down and so we had to cancel it. Hopefully we can go sometime this week. We'll see.
Glad to hear you all had a good Thanksgiving. My Thanksgiving was really fun. We went to Chili's and ate there on Thursday night. Plus, the Texas-Texas A&M game was on so I got to watch my team win. Bummer the Utes lost in overtime.
Sister and Brother Crispin on their wedding day - 24 November 2009 coming out of the Mexico City Temple.
Yes, I had to take out quite a bit of money lately. Yes, I did buy my Mexico jersey. A new jersey came out but I don't like it as much, but it was good because the older one was on sale. So I bought it for 320 pesos. I really like it, it fits me well. My comp. was out of money for like 2 weeks so I had to loan him some money for transportation and stuff, so that's why I had to take out more money from my account. Mexicans don't know how to use their money wisely or save up, it's extremely frustrating.

Thanks for the pictures of the house and the tree. :) I really enjoyed looking at those. I almost forgot what our house looked like... Glad to hear business is going well for GSG. Hopefully it stays that way.

Sister and Brother Crispin.

The members who sent the package weren't going to call or anything. I just packed up the box, put the address on it, and they took it with them. So it should be sent off by now because they were getting home late last night. It is the Barajas family, the one in the picture I sent you last week. They are really kind to us. I'll be sure to thank them again because I don't think they are going to let me pay for it. I told them that I am going to pay for it, they just need to tell me how much it cost, but they said "don't worry about that." But I will send them many thanks from you, Mom.

I hope you can wait until Christmas Eve to open the letter. Just put it under the tree or something like the rest of the presents.

I'm with Dad on this one, I'm not impressed with my Mission Prez either, especially now. Never really have been anyways. I hope Am is doing great on her mission, getting along with her comp well.


The newlyweds.

That's funny you got TP'd. That hasn't happened to us for so long. I liked the pictures, they made me smile. They sure did a good job. But then again, it's not hard with all the trees we have and now that the leaves have fallen.

I sure hope you get a white Christmas. This will be my third year in a row with no white Christmas, but it is what it is. I want Christmas to come quickly just so it can be over with. Christmas is a tough time, especially my second one in the mission.


Brother Crispin and Elder Green.

Glad you liked the haircut pic Dad. I thought of you when I did it. I made sure to cut it the night after our zone conference, so that way the Prez won't see me for a little while and it can grow back out ;) It's sure easy to take care of.

About the cookies, I think some chocolate chip ones would be best. Don't really want candy cane cookies at the moment. So hopefully that's not too much hassle. Maybe you can freeze them before you send them? Could make them last longer, not sure. But thanks for doing that. We'll see if they make it in one piece. I think just the cookies and the stamps are all I need at the moment. Can't think of anything else. Thanks fam.

Well, I hope you have a great December. Wish me luck, I'll for sure need it to survive here.

I love you all.

Elder Green

No comments: